New to Ducks after three years of waiting!

Hi from Western Washington!
One week ago I picked up my long awaited runners! We were going to go with 2-3 as first timers, but since there is four people in our family, we ended up with four.
I grew up with my grandparents having chickens off and on, and my grandmother once having a couple of ducks. I by far preferred the ducks. Then three years ago I discovered Indian Runners and I was hooked. I have been doing research off and on since then, but thought my husband was joking when he said I could get ducks. But he wasn’t, and this year ended up being the perfect time in our lives to add to our family.
Currently we have 4 cats and a dog (who loves the ducklings), husband, two tween girls and myself.
I have been lurking on the forums for the last month, starting with looking for coop/ run ideas, brooder ideas, feed ideas, etc. I am very grateful for such a great community and wealth of information at my fingertips!

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend!
How cute they are !:love Welcome to BYC !

Hi from Western Washington!
One week ago I picked up my long awaited runners! We were going to go with 2-3 as first timers, but since there is four people in our family, we ended up with four.
I grew up with my grandparents having chickens off and on, and my grandmother once having a couple of ducks. I by far preferred the ducks. Then three years ago I discovered Indian Runners and I was hooked. I have been doing research off and on since then, but thought my husband was joking when he said I could get ducks. But he wasn’t, and this year ended up being the perfect time in our lives to add to our family.
Currently we have 4 cats and a dog (who loves the ducklings), husband, two tween girls and myself.
I have been lurking on the forums for the last month, starting with looking for coop/ run ideas, brooder ideas, feed ideas, etc. I am very grateful for such a great community and wealth of information at my fingertips!

Thanks for reading and have a wonderful weekend!
I just hatched 10 Kahki Campbell’s. We are egg people and the Campbell’s lay the most eggs.

Welcome to BYC! They are adorable. Have you completed your coop?
Thank you. No we haven’t finished our coop. I kept going back and forth on what I wanted and how much I wanted to spend. Finally I just said enough and they are gonna be here for the long run so we are spending a bit more than I wanted since lumber prices are through the roof atm.

Back
Top Bottom