New to ducks... looking for advice

Pilsbrook

Hatching
Apr 3, 2017

Hi. I have a 5 day old Alesbury (a Indian runner due to hatch tomoz for company) my duckling is in the house at the moment. Im wondering about heat. She currently is under a heat lamp but most the time she is happiest with my cat (under supervision only) im confident shes not cold but i do worry. At night she goes back under the lamp during the day she snuggles up every other hour ish is this temperature suitable for her? Thanks

Last edited:
Hi and welcome to BYC. What a cute pic! You have some great links from redsoxs that I'm sure will help.

Best wishes
CT

G’Day from down under Pilsbrook
frow.gif
Welcome!

As you have already received links to some great starting points, I will just wish you all the best.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

If you would like to share more pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out
wink.png

Especially when the pictures are as adorable as that one!! Too cute!
love.gif

Is she eating and drinking on her own, and going potty? When she is back in her brooder(?) maybe you could give her a stuffed toy to cuddle with, and she won't miss your cat. It's probably best to ask on the duck threads, as I don't know what temp. they need at this age. Your picture is adorable.

Awwww thanku for the responses :) will look up all the links :) Thanku for the advice everybody!
1f49c.png

welcome-byc.gif

Hope the duck members will be of assistance to you, there are some very knowledgeable folks there. Cute picture!

Well.... i dont know where i would be without this site!!!!!!! My Indian Runner was a lazy little critter and decided she wasnt going to hatch without assistance. So with the advice from all the forums on here my Indian Runner within 1 hour of hatching is fluffy and wobbling about. Never hatched ducks before and its all worked out rather well.... except ive had no sleep. Now time to research these duck diapers. Thanks again to this page and people xxxxxx

Back
Top Bottom