new to EO

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by Henthused, Oct 15, 2014.

1. Henthused

Henthused Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2014
    N. GA
    Just to say hello! I lurked on BYC forums for some time before joining, soaking up all I could learn about different breeds.
    My first couple times around I had Dominiques, RIR. Buff Orpington, EE's, Buff Brahma, and Australorp.
    I have become attracted to the Spanish Breeds, Pita Pintas and EO'S, and intend to keep some of the large fowl heritage breeds.
    This forum has been most informative re the Marradunna Basque. In fact, I purchased 2 Marradunna Basque pullets in May, 2014 from Worth It Farms here in GA. They are wonderful, friendly and easy to care for. I love the way they carry themselves, almost regal! Their coloring was not exactly what Kristy was breeding for, so I gladly brought them home with me.
    I really enjoy the forum and applaud those striving to breed for the Spanish SOP for these chickens. I will be looking for other breeders nearby, because I don't want to incubate and hatch eggs. Have crate will travel.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by