New to group

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by jennrenee, Apr 14, 2017.

1. jennrenee

jennrenee Just Hatched

Apr 14, 2017
    Hello! I'm new here...So excited to be joining! I live on 10 acres farm with 16 chickens and 10 ducks all pasture raised! I love gardening and homesteading type things...And of course my birds...We raise for eggs and meat but they are treated like family until the end [​IMG] I'm not a coddler tho...I have three sons and husband and we love love love country living and are quite old school when it comes to farming and raising animals. I'm looking forward to meeting new people like myself who enjoy raising birds but aren't judgy or condescending and definantly not caddy..I can't find a FB group that's not like that so got my fingers crossed [​IMG]

2. Poultry parent

Poultry parent Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome!
    My birds are for meat and eggs too, and they're also treated like family.

3. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Overrun With Chickens

Hey, jenrenee! [​IMG]! Glad you could join!

4. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under jennrenee [​IMG] Welcome!

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun.

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

If you would like to share pictures and stories of your flock, you have come to the right place. BYC’ers never tire of these and do not back away slowly or commence eye rolling when the photo album or home videos come out [​IMG]

5. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas, jennrenee, and :welcome! It's great to have you aboard! All the best to you and your chickens and ducks! :woot

7. A Bawkward Name

A Bawkward Name Out Of The Brooder

Apr 15, 2017
    How do I post something? My chickens have manure on their feathers. Yay. But how do I post something? Halp.

8. BYCforlife

BYCforlife Overrun With Chickens

Go to forum nav, and choose your category. Then, click "start a new thread."

1 person likes this.
  9. HeidelberrFarms

HeidelberrFarms Just Hatched

Apr 11, 2017
    Welcome from a fellow newbie!

This is such a welcoming place to be. Have a great time exploring. Chances are real good that we will probably bump into each other poking around :)

Leslie

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by