New to hatching and chick might need help - picture

Good job! Do you have a thermometer you could stick in with her and see how hot it is where she is at?? Congrats! I am glad you helped it out! I don't think it would of made it by itself!
thumbsup.gif

Very cute! Keep a eye on thjose (oops those) toes looks curled on the left, a little tapeon the toes if they stay that way will fix that.
It looks great and healthy, nice of you to save it, Good job!
Many blessings! Panting still she may need a little water, dip its beak. Here wishing you a fun time raising your chicks.

Last edited:
You and the boys did a great job of helping a stuck chick. Chicks always like to hide in the hands of anyone who holds it, and shove their beaks into the cracks between your fingers. Tell your boys they are practically trained chicken delivery Doctors!
Good luck with the rest of your hatch. They will move away from the heat if it's too hot for them.

ETA: That looks like a little EE chick?

Last edited:
I am going to get my outdoor thermometer and put in there (only one I have) and her toes on the left foot are curled under. How long do I wait until putting tape on?

Not even sure what EE means, LOL. I am new to this, just got our first chicks last spring and wanted to try from scratch this year. Guess you could say I am hooked. The chickens are supposedly for my oldest son (the one in the pic), he wanted a way to make a little money. So he sells the eggs and after 8 months of saving just bought his own electric guitar! Starting him out early on business you could say. Anyways I got the eggs from a friend who has Americanas (or arracanas, whichever one is not the pure breed).

EE's are Easter Eggers, They lay green eggs. And if your friend got the Ameraucanas from a hatchery then they are called Easter Eggers. So that is what your baby is. So if it is a girl then someday you will have green eggs.
big_smile.png

The egg she hatched out of was brown. Of the other two eggs in the bator one is a greenish color and one is greenish brown. So EE means any breed that lays colored eggs?

Back
Top Bottom