New to incubation HELP

VERY
I've now uploading pics of the broader my husband purchased for me....and I ran it empty all night last might it kept Temps between 99.5 and 100 degrees all night and humidity stayed between 50 and 60 percent all night

View attachment 3397530View attachment 3397531View attachment 3397533
Hello all....my husband got me a 41 egg incubater with auto egg turner and circulating air yesterday... so excited to start incubating, but I have some questions...

I live in kentucky and atm it is staying at night between 22 and 34 degrees ...my hens r in contact with 4 roosters so eggs r fertile but with the cold temps.. r the eggs I collect able to be incubated or has the cold Temps already killed the possibility of an embryo...during the day Temps r anywhere from 22 to 54 degrees (but not many days above 40 degrees lately) and that's question 1

Question 2
How long can I take collecting eggs for the incubater bc I'd love to fill atleast 3/4 of my incubater with eggs but I only have 14 hens so it may take several days ...and how do I store the eggs while I gather my desired amount.

ALSO ANY ADVICE AND TIPSMFOR INCUBATING EGGS WILL BE SOOOOO MUCH APPRECIATED THIS IS A PROJECT FOR ME AND MY 3 SMALL BOYS AND I WANNA DO IT RIGHT
Curious on your hatch rate, have tried this twice with most eggs die around day 14

Back
Top Bottom