New to incubation...Help!!!

sonjab314

Constant State of Confusion
13 Years
May 15, 2010
Missouri
I purchased a LG forced air incubator yesterday from a lady who upgraded to a Sportsman. I set it up last night when I got home and have been trying to get the temperature stable since then. I put two different temp/hygrometer meters in the incubator. They are reading 1 degree apart but they are both fluctuationg from 98 to 100.8 I put a regular thermometer in there that I use on my kids and it is splitting the difference between the two meters, measure half way between them every time. My question is are these acceptable fluctuations or do I need to play with the thermostat some more. When I turn it up just a "hair" it jumps up to 102% Then if I turn it down (after giving it an hour to stabalize) it runs to 98 or below
barnie.gif
I called the lady I purchased it from and she was very nice and she was the one that suggested the regular thermometer.
Any ideas? I'm new and I'm open to any and all advice.

Last edited:
Just don't mess with the knob unless the temp is way off level. I did that with mine, they are almost ready to hatch. If you need to, just slightly give it a push with your pointer finger.
smile.png

Good luck and Happy Hatching!!!!!!
fl.gif

I think I got it figured out. One of the therm/hygro meters is not accurate. It is the cheaper of the two and the more expensive one read right on with both of my oral thermometers. I'll be taking that other meter back to Wal-Mart tomorrow. Now I'm happy because its steady at 99-100%
woot.gif

Back
Top Bottom