New to keeping backyard chickens :)

ukessex

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 27, 2013
Hi Guys and Girls ! :)

About 4 weeks ago, I bought a coop and 2 hens off a guy that put an ad on gumtree!

Reason I used gumtree because I couldn't afford brand new coop and chickens.

Picked the girls up off the guy, at first being a new timer I didn't know anything about chickens.

But the girls would not go to bed and was a struggle getting them in the coop.

The first weekend I had them , the coop was filthy so I jet washed it down, and let me tell you guys something the girls must of been so stressed because there was thousands of mites !!

There heads was so pale, but I didn't know what this meant at first.

Now when I get home from work, soon as the girls see me they come running, look at me let me pick them up and have a cuddle :)

Every weekend now , I take the coop apart and jet wash it down.

Done it today ... I can't find no more mites , I use plenty of that earth powder as well.

The girls heads have gone so red now.

And today I made my coffee and morning fag went to let the girls out and I had my first egg in the coop ! :)

To the guy who had them before, is a dirty B**** !! Poor girls they look so happy now.

And I don't need to chase them into bed no more. Soon as 9 o'clock comes there walking to the coop and put them selfs to bed.

Would like to just say a big thank you for this forum it has helped me alot and I just wanted to share my story with you guys :)

Once again guys , couldn't of done it without all your help from the fanatic posts you guys do !

Ill post some pictures up soon.

I'm just sad because, the flithly bugger had another 2 girls. But I said to him i couldn't take them because I've never looked after them before.

After I see what my guys was living throw, wish I would of saved them poor girls as well.

:(

Back
Top Bottom