new to keeping bought two chicks any idea of age breed or sex of birds

hayleyhatch1958

Hatching
Sep 16, 2016
london

:frow

You have two polish there. The smooth feathered bird is a silver lace and the black one with slight white crest is a frizzle feathered. I would estimate about 6-8 weeks of age which I'm afraid is too early to tell the sex of them. Polish are notoriously hard to sex, sometimes taking up to six months before gender can be determined.

Nice birds and good luck with them in the future.

Thanks@Yorkshire Coopthey came from an auction i did have six but the rest suddenly died these two now indoors and im gettig advice and treating them best i can nd know how to

You are most welcome :highfive:

Sorry to hear you lost the others :( Do you know what they passed away from? Any symptoms?
no idea but the worse one ws i ws in with them all happy no lame or unusual behavior pecking scratch etc went to change their water and one was on its side dead .... i thgt is was sunbathing at first looked over bird nothig visable . And thanku

frow.gif

You have two polish there. The smooth feathered bird is a silver lace and the black one with slight white crest is a frizzle feathered. I would estimate about 6-8 weeks of age which I'm afraid is too early to tell the sex of them. Polish are notoriously hard to sex, sometimes taking up to six months before gender can be determined.

Nice birds and good luck with them in the future.
I agree.

welcome-byc.gif

Second Yorkshire.

I'm thinking the laced is a pullet and the white crested black is a cockerel. No clue if I'm right....I'd love to get follow up in a month or so to see how they look.

Back
Top Bottom