NEW to me GQF 1266 Cabinet Incubator

doubleatraining

Songster
12 Years
Jul 25, 2011
Franklinton, NC
So this weekend my Dad's gf casually mentions that a local junk auction has an incubator listed. I look online and see its a cabinet. I call in my bid and STEAL it and the hatcher for a whopping $150.

I get it home yesterday and see it has been fitted for Ostrich/Emu and so I know I'll need trays or egg cartons. The previous owner obviously did some modifications to it and if anyone could help explain them to me I'd REALLY appreciate it.

I turned it on last night and the auto turner works and this morning the temp was 98. There was barely any room left on the thermostat but I turned it up so I will see what the temp is when I get home tomorrow. Any ideas on how to increase it if it doesn't go up any higher?

I'm desperate for you cabinet hatching pros to help me out there! Feeling a little intimidated and looking at my styrofoam thinking maybe I need to stick with them. LOL

I have 2 of the 1266 bators. One still has the 2 wafers for thermostats and the other I replaced the wafer with an electronic thermostat. I see in the pic what looks to be the thermostat as a large white box. I am not familiar with it so I am not sure what you mean when you say there is no more room to go up in temp.
I would take the white plastic tubing out of the trays and either use egg cartons with the lids cut off or buy the plastic trays for the eggs. I did not see the hatcher. Is it a seperate cabinet?

I don't think either of the wafers work in this bator. The white box thermostat you see is like one you would have in the house and I've turned the dial all the way up. I'm worried I won't get the 99.5 I need.

I do plan on taking the PVC piping out and putting in egg cartons until I can buy some trays.

The hatcher is HUGE and still in my truck. LOL It look everything I had to get the bator in my house by myself. I plan on moving both into the house tomorrow though. I'll take pictures when I get it inside and set up.

I would take it apart and clean it well you can go to GQF web site for drawings it is well worth the price to replace the thermostat with a new digital one I did and love it easy peasy to rewire it in too. Make sure the egg turners work any questions call GQF they are willing to help you in any way possible unless you find someone local..the worst thing is all the little chicks that will be running around oh and if you didn't get the bucket with the hose and sponges I would invest in that also makes life very easy

The Penn control is a humidistat used to switch on an external humidifier.Ostrich/emus incubate at a lower temperature than poultry. Try turning the back up wafer out counter clockwise all the way, then try adjusting the electronic thermostat.(Black knob.) If it works you will need to readjust the backup thermostat .

The Penn control is a humidistat used to switch on an external humidifier.Ostrich/emus incubate at a lower temperature than poultry. Try turning the back up wafer out counter clockwise all the way, then try adjusting the electronic thermostat.(Black knob.) If it works you will need to readjust the backup thermostat .

Thank you!! Thank you!! I'll fiddle with it in the morning!

Back
Top Bottom