New to NYC but not to chickens

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by BornFarmChicks, Feb 23, 2017.

1. BornFarmChicks

BornFarmChicks New Egg

Feb 23, 2017
    North Carolina
    I've handled chickens my whole life and have 25 for the time being. My go to chickens are dual purpose, I do eggs and meat. Is there anyonE else here whom does the same? I have a few fancy chickens for my 6 year old for pets.

2. Teila

Teila Bambrook Bantams Premium Member

G’Day from down under BornFarmChicks [​IMG] Welcome!

You might want to also pop in and say hello on your local thread: https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/26/where-am-i-where-are-you ‘Find your State’s thread.

Also, if you pop ‘dual purpose’ into the search option you may find an active thread with likeminded members.

I hope you enjoy being a BYC member. There are lots of friendly and very helpful folks here so not only is it overflowing with useful information it is also a great place to make friends and have some fun. Unlike non chicken loving friends, family and colleagues, BYC’ers never tire of stories or pictures that feature our feathered and non feathered friends [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. Pork Pie Ken

Pork Pie Ken Monkey Business Premium Member

Jan 30, 2015
    Africa - near the equator
    Hi and welcome to BYC - thanks for joining us. I have raised dual purpose birds for both meat and eggs in the past but I'm moving towards lighter birds at the moment. I would have thought that there would be some threads on dual purpose birds - try the search box.

Best wishes
    CT

1 person likes this.
  4. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  5. N F C

N F C dem crazy bones Premium Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Wyoming
    [​IMG]

Thanks for joining us!

1 person likes this.
  6. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    Greetings from Kansas and [​IMG]! Happy you joined our community! Count me amongst the dual purpose crowd! Love the taste of the heritage dual purpose breeds more than I do the over-engineered Cornish Cross. Best wishes and thanks for joining BYC!

1 person likes this.
  7. IdyllwildAcres

IdyllwildAcres Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG]

Welcome to BYC! There is a ton of information here, just use the magic search box!

Gary from Idyllwild Ca here

1 person likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by