New to post, old to birding

Viirin

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2023
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I don't have any chickens nor do I want any (I'm a renter with no yard). I like feeding whatever birds randomly show up to my apartment, and have now been friends with a flock of mourning doves for almost 3 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Six. I only named two of them- Whiney and Brave. I really miss my Woodwing, and her mother, Sweetie.

(3) What breeds do you have?

There are a lot of pigeons that live on top of my building, but I refuse to feed them, but do they count? I have mourning doves due to their own choice (they're wild, despite how often they come in my apartment and even jump on me).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

As someone without the ability to socialize with friends and lacking family, it's nice that the skies contain happy flappers that sing at me every day.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I'm a game designer, modder, novelist, chef, carpenter, programmer, and am trying to go to school to become a psychologist, and trying to get the opportunity to be a mycologist.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm on disability, never had a family, and can't have any pets anymore.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I just learned about you guys less than an hour ago when trying to look up dove egg info since I saw a broken egg in the road outside and wasn't sure if it belonged to one of my birds or not.

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

I don't have any chickens nor do I want any (I'm a renter with no yard). I like feeding whatever birds randomly show up to my apartment, and have now been friends with a flock of mourning doves for almost 3 years.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?

Six. I only named two of them- Whiney and Brave. I really miss my Woodwing, and her mother, Sweetie.

(3) What breeds do you have?

There are a lot of pigeons that live on top of my building, but I refuse to feed them, but do they count? I have mourning doves due to their own choice (they're wild, despite how often they come in my apartment and even jump on me).

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

As someone without the ability to socialize with friends and lacking family, it's nice that the skies contain happy flappers that sing at me every day.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?

I'm a game designer, modder, novelist, chef, carpenter, programmer, and am trying to go to school to become a psychologist, and trying to get the opportunity to be a mycologist.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I'm on disability, never had a family, and can't have any pets anymore.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I just learned about you guys less than an hour ago when trying to look up dove egg info since I saw a broken egg in the road outside and wasn't sure if it belonged to one of my birds or not.
Welcome to BYC!! ❤️

Back
Top Bottom