New to quail.. feeding question

My quail are on 20% quail and partridge layer pellets, supplemented with LOTS of mealworms and the bugs they find naturally in the bark chips they are on. They do great on this, lay almost every day (they've stopped now for winter though). They also get the seed dropped by the budgies. I have never calculated the protein which they get from the mealworms.

Just thought I'd point out it can be done with less than 24% feed. It also depends on what they're used to I guess.

My quail are on 20% quail and partridge layer pellets, supplemented with LOTS of mealworms and the bugs they find naturally in the bark chips they are on. They do great on this, lay almost every day (they've stopped now for winter though). They also get the seed dropped by the budgies. I have never calculated the protein which they get from the mealworms.

Just thought I'd point out it can be done with less than 24% feed. It also depends on what they're used to I guess.

I'm in the research phase of quail. Can they eat fermented feed? Would that help them utilize more of less protein?
My feedstore has turkey starter, regardless.

Back
Top Bottom