8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
South Texas
Hi
frow.gif
I'm new to quails
hugs.gif
love.gif
I am getting some Quail eggs from Hot2Pot today and I ordered some from Ebay as well. Do you let them sit for 24 hours like you do chicken eggs before you start incubating. I hand turn my eggs and I have read several different times will three be good? Also I purchased these cages and figured if they are not quite right I can add to them to make it more right for their needs. Do you all sell your eggs? How much do you charge and for how many? Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to kill some time waiting on the Post Guy. They have been holding my Hot2Pot eggs hostage in Austin for several Days now
th.gif
and I sure hope they finally come today
fl.gif
. We had really cold temps last night so I hope they aren't ruined! They should have been delivered on the 11th
barnie.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Hi
frow.gif
I'm new to quails
hugs.gif
love.gif
I am getting some Quail eggs from Hot2Pot today and I ordered some from Ebay as well. Do you let them sit for 24 hours like you do chicken eggs before you start incubating. I hand turn my eggs and I have read several different times will three be good? Also I purchased these cages and figured if they are not quite right I can add to them to make it more right for their needs. Do you all sell your eggs? How much do you charge and for how many? Sorry for all the questions but I'm trying to kill some time waiting on the Post Guy. They have been holding my Hot2Pot eggs hostage in Austin for several Days now
th.gif
fl.gif
. We had really cold temps last night so I hope they aren't ruined! They should have been delivered on the 11th
barnie.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Well, Welcome to the Quail world, What type of Quail do you have coming? I haven't gotten eggs shipped yet. I would suggest looking at the Stickies (its click-able). It might help. Most of the others might answer. I'll be selling eggs, I haven't got a price yet, Nor the Eggs to do so yet, But Hopefully soon I will.
Good Luck on the eggs and stuff

This is what I ordered from Ebay - Your assortment will include Jumbo Pharaoh, Tibetan (both reds and rosettas), and Texas A&M I'm not sure what type Deb is sending they are a giftie
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif
I also bought a couple hundred of these plastic egg cartons for the eggs when they come.

I like not having to wait so long before they lay
love.gif
. I'm still waiting on my chicklets to start laying
gig.gif
. They should start up soon though. They are almost 4 months old now and my roos have just started to crow.
hugs.gif
love.gif

Hi
frow.gif
I'm new to quails
hugs.gif
love.gif
th.gif
fl.gif
barnie.gif
hugs.gif
love.gif
love.gif

Welcome to the world of quail! You do/should let them settle for 24 hours, pointy end down. 3x a day for turning should be fine. Hopefully you already have your incubator up and running so you can make any temp / humidity adjustments prior to setting your eggs in there.

The cages look fine. Looking at the descriptions you gave in a later post those are all coturnix which need 1 square foot per bird.

You just bought eggs so should have an idea what to charge, lol. I would concentrate on raising yours, hatching some of your own stock before selling any though, that would help ensure what you have is viable and know with confidence what you're trying to market. You can eat all the extras you don't hatch until your ready to sell.

I agree with Tikka, read the stickies and you will find most of answers there. Good luck on your new additions!

Last edited:
Quote:

Thanks
hugs.gif
love.gif
. On the selling of eggs I meant as food not hatchable
love.gif
. But I probably will sell them as hatchable at some point
hugs.gif
love.gif
. Down here in South Texas the chicken eggs are going for $4.00 a dzn at the farmers markets. I was wondering what to price the quail at
hugs.gif
love.gif

wow sounds like you are super prepared, I always get birds then try to figure out what to house them into when I get home with them lol.

Worry about raising the birds till egg age then do some market research near you to find out what eggs are selling for. Around me its a hard sale because I dont have alot of "delicacy" folks around lol, they all want to eat my birds but they are not interested in the eggs lol

Back
Top Bottom