new to raising chickens new to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by dulce, Feb 14, 2015.

1. dulce

dulce Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2015
    Hemet CA
    I like this site a lot. I don't no how this works or how to post but I will try. One week ago we got 17 straight run rhode island red, 2 buff orpingtons and 17 straight run barred rock. I have started to build my chicken house, it's 13x12feet. I would put up some pic but I don't know if I should put them here or where to put them. I will also have a run that is going to be 17x50feet.

Here are some pics of my coop. I started the coop with a carport frame. 1ft of concrete in each pole. The low sides and the door are 6ft high. I put the windows in for light. I put some wire on the bottom and top for air flow. T[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

here is one pic of the run so far.

Last edited: Feb 14, 2015
  2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire, UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! Congratulations on your new flock :celebrate If you are looking for advice or tips on your coop and run you could post your pics in the coop section of the forum for lots of help and advice on your design. Here is the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/9/coop-amp-run-design-construction-amp-maintenance

Just click on the link I have left for you and it will take you to that section of the forum. Click on start a new thread and post your pics and questions. Good luck and hope you enjoy BYC :frow

3. drumstick diva

drumstick diva Still crazy after all these years. Premium Member

Aug 26, 2009
    Out to pasture
    Wow, sounds like you will have enough room for a ton of chickens. We would love to see photos and you are posting just fine. Very glad you joined the flock [​IMG] If you photograph and describe various steps of building your coop and run, you may want to post that in the coop section. Or if you prefer to post here, we would be glad to offer advice if needed.

4. cavemanrich

cavemanrich Overrun With Chickens

Apr 6, 2014
    Melrose Park Illinois
    You definitely sound SWEET. You post pictures on your profile page to start out. Go to links at top of page and click on LEARNING CENTER . There you will find many answers to many questions you may have. LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL HAVE A GOOD SIZE FLOCK. wishing you the best.

OH AND YES[​IMG]

5. Michael OShay

Michael OShay Chicken Obsessed

May 14, 2014
    Montana
    Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to our flock. We would love to see your pics. I have four Buff Orpingtons in my flock and love them. They are hardy, friendly and gentle (my granddaughter has made lap pets of them), and good layers of large, brown eggs. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck with your flock.

6. sunflour

sunflour Flock Master Premium Member Project Manager

Jan 10, 2013
    Macon,GA
    [​IMG] Glad you have joined us.

7. Wyandottes7

Wyandottes7 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Welcome! [​IMG]I'm glad you joined the BYC flock!

We'd love to see photos of your coop! It sounds like it's going to be great for your birds, with plenty of space. You'll really enjoy the breeds you picked out- Orpingtons, Rhode Island Reds, and Plymouth Rocks are some of the best egg layers.[​IMG]

8. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    [​IMG] I'm glad you joined our "flock!"

Good luck with your coop building! I'm sure it will turn out great. [​IMG] You've chosen some excellent, productive breeds, too.

9. dulce

dulce Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2015
    Hemet CA
    thanks u all for your warm welcome

10. 6275Smith

6275Smith Chillin' With My Peeps

Welcome![​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by