New to raising chickens, what are they?

All the polish are mixes, Tolbunt polish if not all polish nostrils are lifted up no like a regular chicken. Second of all Tolbunts have white/bluish legs those legs are yellow. Don't get confused, I mean just look up Tolbunt polish you'll see the difference

All the polish are mixes, Tolbunt polish if not all polish nostrils are lifted up no like a regular chicken. Second of all Tolbunts have white/bluish legs those legs are yellow. Don't get confused, I mean just look up Tolbunt polish you'll see the difference

I agree.
The speckled one w/o the big poof could be a swedish flower hen, and the red might be a rhode island red.

I think that's a good guess. SFH have pretty varying characteristics and some are crested. Meyer does sell them and I can't come up with anything else they have that fits.

I was under the impression that Meyer did not sell mixed breed chickens.
As to the leg color ........ it is after all a hatchery chicken so color is not always correct to breed standard.

Whatever the mix or pure status it appears they are more pets than for breeding so should not matter in the end.

I still think it most closely resembles a tolbunt.

I try to make a good guess for the ones that are pretty much unknown. I have also been looking at their site a lot lately trying to figure out what I wanted to get 'cause I'm limited to 6 plus about a dozen meat birds. I have two EEs and four RIRs the dogs killed one of each I did have eight.

I was under the impression that Meyer did not sell mixed breed chickens.
As to the leg color ........ it is after all a hatchery chicken so color is not always correct to breed standard.

Whatever the mix or pure status it appears they are more pets than for breeding so should not matter in the end.

I still think it most closely resembles a tolbunt.
Are you familiar to Tolbunts? Look up Tolbunts and tell me if they have even one similarity??

Back
Top Bottom