New to raising chickens

Chickover2

In the Brooder
Oct 3, 2020
Hi, I subscribed to BYC when I first got my chickens in May because I am new at raising chickens. I ordered 6 chicks but 3 were dead when I received my order. It broke my heart but the three that survived and I have become good buds. I have one welsummer and two leggers. We had chickens when I was growing up but I'm new to raising them on my own. BYC has been a great help. I think they should start laying at any time now and I am anxious for that... But not sure if I need to do anything to encourage it. I do free range them but have nesting boxes set up in their coop. My family and friends laugh at me about how crazy I am about my chickens and how much I worry about them.

Hello there and welcome to BYC! :frow

So sorry for your losses. :hugs So glad you are enjoying your flock. They will start laying when they reach the right maturity, just give them time. When their faces, combs and wattles start turning red and they squat for you, you can get the layer feed ready. Hopefully those eggies start coming down the pipes soon! Welcome to our community!

Fear not!
PIXELCHICK.gif
They (your chickens) will have you trained in no time at all!
-BYC-sign-flash.gif

Back
Top Bottom