New to raising coturnix quail

I have a Nurture Right 360 and I have some questions aobut its use.
:welcome :ya:yesss: Hello and welcome to BYC. You found an Amazing Poultry Community to be a part of, with many knowledgeable members who are willing to help you along your journey with any questions you may have. Enjoy :)

The NR 360 is very popular with great reviews, that is why I bought one also. :) I against my better judgement just cranked my 360 up with 18 Duck eggs from our small flock of Rouen/Pekin mixed stock, so it should be interesting. They are due on Feb. 2nd Ground Hogs Day. LOL:love

Other members like @BlueBaby is more experienced with using the 360 and I am sure they will gladly help you with any questions along the way. Best of luck with your Quail and please keep us posted. :)

New member here. Trying to hook up with other newbees who are staring out raising specifically Coturnix quail. I have a Nurture Right 360 and I have some questions aobut its use. I haven't starting incubating yet, just setting it up and I'm having some differences in the temperature and humitiy readys from the unit and a Govee digital thermometer and was hoping some more experienced NR 360 users might be able to school me.
Welcome to BYC!

Hi and welcome to BYC! I have one coturnix quail. I raised him from a chick so I didn't hatch him. I don't have the type of incubator you have but just general incubator advice for any starters like I was this year with incubators, you want to go ahead and have your incubator running for about a week before you actually use it and put eggs in. This is called a burn out to get all the chemicals off the equipment and out of the incubator because if not done, it can affect your hatch. It will get you used to the settings, how to keep up the right temperature and humidity. Good luck with your hatch! 🐣

Back
Top Bottom