New to Sierra Vista

allsummedup

Songster
6 Years
Apr 5, 2013
Sierra Vista, Arizona
I'm new to the area just moved here about three months ago from Fairbanks Alaska. I'm excited to be in an area where the cold isn't going to turn my chickens into chick-sicles.
Anyway of any one on the area shares a passion for poultry let's talk :)

frow.gif
Are you in Sierra Vista, Arizona?

I'm new to the area just moved here about three months ago from Fairbanks Alaska. I'm excited to be in an area where the cold isn't going to turn my chickens into chick-sicles.
Anyway of any one on the area shares a passion for poultry let's talk :)

Can't wait to hear what breeds you have.. Arizona thread is full of poultry talk!!

are you still in Sierra Vista, in the City limits? We are moving back from Bisbee and want to bring our chickens but aren't quite sure if they are allowed out here

Did you ever find out about regs on in-city backyard chickens? I'm in Sierra Vista and thinking of getting some laying birds. Thanks!

im also new to sierra vista. where in town do you live and can ANYONE in sierra vista with a home and yard own a few chickens? My wife and kids will be moving here in April from Houston, TX. They want chickens so today a search the internet for answers.

Here is a little info I got regarding chickens in Sierra Vista. I searched EVERYWHERE! I poured through ordinances and found nothing. Finally I called the city directly and here is what they said.
First they told be no, but the lady's tune changed a bit when I asked her for the ordinance number that states they aren't allowed. The city does not have an ordinance that addresses chickens anywhere. In the end the conversation basically concluded with, "If they are reported as a nuisance, you will be asked to remove them." I dont think you can be legally fined or anything though since there isn't anything documented. There are however still neighborhood restrictions in the.....what do they call it? CCRs?
Another bit of info I found was an article regarding a city council meeting about the keeping of poultry back in 2011. The article isn't clear about the outcome of this meeting, but in my call the woman told me that no ordinance one way or the other was created because it is such a controversial topic. This upset me because in my eyes, doing nothing is practically saying no.
So anyway, if anyone has more information about this topic, or has the know how to actually get the city to get with the program, that would be great. In the meantime I plan to check with my neighbors and get a few anyway. City can't take away what they dont know is there. ;)

Back
Top Bottom