New to talking on a sight

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by ewenique, Nov 15, 2011.

1. ewenique

ewenique New Egg

Nov 15, 2011
    I saw this on google while trying to get some info on chicks we did not receive. Then saw the messages about my problem. Added a message there. We only have 3 red hens right now. Wanted 25 dominiques. We have had many chickens over the years but never had bought a bunch of chicks and enjoyed bringing up the flock. We have AQHA horses and used to raise sheep. We have 3 pet sheep left, one will be 19 in January. He lived in the house for 4 months before being let out to be a normal wether. My husband and I are both retired and active. He is retired military and from the Post Office and I served 16 years in Naval Reserve and retired from American Airlines. Thank you for a great website, I am sure when we ever get our chicks it will help us greatly. Barb

2. Kevin565

Kevin565 Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Dec 22, 2009
    Thanks for sharing [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. greymane

greymane Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 2, 2011
    Snyder County, PA
    [​IMG] from the Finger Lakes of New York (and thank you to you and your husband for your service)!

[​IMG]

4. S&N Livestock

S&N Livestock Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 17, 2009
    southern ohio
    [​IMG] from Ohio

5. silkymom1986

silkymom1986 The Silkie Villa

Sep 28, 2011
    Byhalia, MS
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from North MS!!! Glad you joined, my husband is retired military as well, [​IMG] Hope you enjoy the sight and look forward to running into ya on here sometime!

6. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hello, Barb and welcome to BYC from Ohio!

You picked out a clever user name! Hope to see you posting and glad you joined,

Sharon

7. Chicken Rustler

Chicken Rustler Grabs em n runs

[​IMG] [​IMG] from Ethel Washingto that is. I don't know where you are but you may also want to connect with people in your area. Many if not all of the states have thier own threads just look in the where am I where aer you. I am in Washington and in case you are near or even if ya just wanna check us out here is a link. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=461&p=5461 Keep in mind we move pretty fast.

8. hcppam

hcppam Chillin' With My Peeps

Hi Barb!
    [​IMG] Hello, from the Big Bear mountains of Ca. Glad you found us. [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. wolftracks

wolftracks Spam Hunter

Nov 6, 2009
    Modesto
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from California

If this is your first site to talk on I don't know if you picked right or wrong. LOL

This is a great place to meet people and talk chicks and livestock. Hope you make yourself at home and become addicted....ummm as comfortable as all of us already are.

Oh and always nice to have more military!

10. OldGuy43

OldGuy43 Chillin' With My Peeps

Howdy from Travis County, Texas.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by