New to the arena and looking for hens

Anna and Matt

Hatching
6 Years
Mar 19, 2013
Hello All,

My name is Anna. My husband and I moved to a quite 3 acre property last spring and are looking to start a little flock of egg layers. We are located in Eastern PA. We are eager to have a variety of hens (no more than 4 at max to start), but it appears that every where we contact, we must purchase at least 6 chicks and there is no guarentee on the sex of the bird. We are not permitted to have any roosters.

So far, we found one place in Quakertown, PA at that will allow us to purchase a pullet. We wanted to avoid having all of the same type of hen. We purchased our coop and are building a chicken run both of which are enclosed in a quarter of an acre garden. Does anyone know of any other places within about an hour or two drive where we may be able to purchase other single pullets so that our flock will have some variety?

Thanks so much,

Anna

Co ops and if you have Orschelns around they have chick days going on. You do not have to buy a minimum from those kinds of laces, perhaps a feed store or farm store will have chicks

Back
Top Bottom