New to the Coop

PartiPoodles

Chirping
Jan 16, 2022
Hello!
I’ll be the new owner of 10 day old chicks for the first time ever, somewhere around mid-February. I’ve ordered a mix of different chicks with 1 of the 10 being a Bielefelder, as the sole cockerel. My father had built me a beautiful new chicken coup for Christmas that I’m looking forward to filling with happy, healthy chickens.

The purpose for joining the group was due to all the helpful information I’ve been able to learn so far from other member posts. The intent for raising chickens is to have fresh eggs, assisting with natural pest control, and for the chicken waste to be used in organic gardening.

Currently I reside on 1.5 country acres in northern Brevard County, FL. I work FT remotely from home within the Medicare industry, assisting retirees of large corporations and government jobs with their health benefits in retirement.

This human is proudly owned by 2 highly intelligent, loving Parti-Poodles who will be assisting me with raising the chickens. Note: The human has required that they not be permitted any silly or eccentric haircuts. Namely, the pups’ job will be primarily assisting with keeping away the many predators that make our area home also. The pups have been great with my son’s chickens who also live nearby. Funny enough, the pups seem to already have a built in cautious respect for the adult roosters, even though they’ve never gotten attacked by one yet.

Looking forward to learning a lot more from the experienced members here and being able to pass on the learned wisdom to others.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom