New to the Coop

HaideMcRay

Hatching
Feb 4, 2023
Hi All.
I have had a free-range flock of several breeds, including Buff Orpingtons, Speckled Sussex, Barnevelders, Barrd Rocks, California Whites, and Red Sex links. I grew up with a flock of less-than-affectionate Leghorns, but they taught me so much.

My daughter and I live in a city that is not very close to my family's farm, so we decided to raise a little flock in our backyard. I've never kept chickens in a permanent run, as required by our city. I am building a portable coop and run so we can move our girls around our spacious yard. I just wish we could allow them to roam our property.

I look forward to reading all about everyone's chicken journeys! I work at a farm supply store and coop-talk is my favorite part of any shift.

Welcome to Backyard Chickens. This is a great place explore and hang out.
Very good idea ! I have tractor for our banty.

Attachments

• IMG_20220805_122526.jpg
    IMG_20220805_122526.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 1
Hi All.
I have had a free-range flock of several breeds, including Buff Orpingtons, Speckled Sussex, Barnevelders, Barrd Rocks, California Whites, and Red Sex links. I grew up with a flock of less-than-affectionate Leghorns, but they taught me so much.

My daughter and I live in a city that is not very close to my family's farm, so we decided to raise a little flock in our backyard. I've never kept chickens in a permanent run, as required by our city. I am building a portable coop and run so we can move our girls around our spacious yard. I just wish we could allow them to roam our property.

I look forward to reading all about everyone's chicken journeys! I work at a farm supply store and coop-talk is my favorite part of any shift.
Loved my leghorns!! They were my most affectionate. WELCOME! The one with a comb peeking out was one that wanted to be near me always. Had to take her to her bed ..coop..because she would try and sleep by the back door. ❤
20171211_164402.jpg
FB_IMG_1572644171293.jpg
20180520_111644.jpg
FB_IMG_1556426507088.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom