New To the Coop

Zealo

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 8, 2014
Hollo. I'm Zealo
And pretty soon I'm going to be raising my first batch of chicks.
Tell you the truth, this all started out very randomly.
One day I was looking at a book about raising chickens (because I dream about having my own farm, and have been working hard to try and get there.) and my boyfriends father decided that he would buy it for me. Being me, I wanted to pay him back, but he said if I raised chickens and gave him some of the eggs, that we would be even.
I know he meant more later on, but I started to make plans the next day.
roll.png

Now I have chicken coop, a home made brooder,
four chicks on their way, and I have been excited ever since.

I've been reading, doing research,
even went to my cousins farm for the first time to ask how raising their chickens went.

Any advise ^-^

Last edited:

I remember when I first found out that I could have chickens in my back yard! It's been a while now, but it never gets old. I love my chickens!

Thank you, Wyandottes
For a while there, I'll admit, I was a floater or guest, whatever you call it.
And finally just decided to join. ^-^

I think your boyfriend's father wants you in the family. First they want eggs, then later on they want grandchildren etc.
gig.gif
I'm just being silly. Welcome to Backyard chickens

Hello there and welcome to BYC!
frow.gif

Chickens are so much fun to keep. You will definitely want to stop by our Learning Center for lots of tips and hints on getting started, building the coop, raising the chicks and keeping your adult flock happy, healthy and safe from predators. Wyandottes has left you the link to our Learning Center.

Enjoy this wonderful new journey you are on! If you have any questions along the way, feel free to ask. Welcome to our flock!

Welcome to BYC, Zealo. Glad you decided to join our flock. I'm glad you're experiencing your dream. Sounds like your boyfriend has a really nice father. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. What kind of chicks are you getting?

Back
Top Bottom