New to the Flock

My Speckled Sussex are my favorite.
Good to hear! I've never had them before, so that's why I only got 2. I used to have a barred rock that acted like a puppy. She would run in the human house every chance she got to steal food from the dog bowl. I had a Boxer that could open the French doors with his foot to come inside whenever he wanted, he just never learned to shut the door behind him, so when the chicken came in and started eating his food, he would stand over her and bark while she ignored him and ate all his food. It was hilarious!

Good to hear! I've never had them before, so that's why I only got 2. I used to have a barred rock that acted like a puppy. She would run in the human house every chance she got to steal food from the dog bowl. I had a Boxer that could open the French doors with his foot to come inside whenever he wanted, he just never learned to shut the door behind him, so when the chicken came in and started eating his food, he would stand over her and bark while she ignored him and ate all his food. It was hilarious!
I have barred rocks also. One is very nice and the other is sometimes really sweet and other times a bully.

I have barred rocks also. One is very nice and the other is sometimes really sweet and other times a bully.
That's been my experience too. I had a RIR hen and barred rock hen that just never could get along. They both were bullies and wanted to be the boss. They picked on everybody, they even chased my 100 pound dog that wouldn't hurt a fly. He was terrified of them lol. They never caused any actual damage, they were just mean girls.

We have a boxer who opens doors too. We have to block him. He always leaves the door wide open with the central air running. He's a couch potato.

Back
Top Bottom