MillieYevick

Chirping
Mar 21, 2023
Griffin Ga
Heyy, my name is Krystin, but friends and family call me Millie. I am new to chickens, and just got my whole flock last Sunday (03/19/2023). Right now we have 11 chickens, but the chicken math is just not adding up so I see more in the near future!
We have a mixed backyard flock of Rhode Island Reds, Black Sex Links, Cross Buffs, and White Bantam Silkie Roos. They all have amazing temperaments and have already grown a strong bond with all except one of the black sex links. She’s a little spicy so we named her Karen, lol.
My favorite aspects of raising chickens so far has got to be the different personalities in the hens and Roos and most definitely finding eggs in the coop every morning! Some of my other hobbies include doing DIY projects, painting, reading books, and being a stay at home mom for our 4 kids and chickens.
We are a big family of 7 (I’m for sure including our dog, cause she is our 5th child) we have 4 kids and 1 standard poodle, I was working in a animal hospital, but recently had our 4th baby so am taking a break as of right now from working to give my full attention to taking care of the home, chores, and kiddos.
I found BYC through a beginners chicken book I bought off of Amazon. Read the whole thing in two days cause I’m one of those who hates feeling like I don’t know everything I need to know about anything that’s in my care, lol. The name of the book is The Beginners Guide to Raising Chickens by Anne Kuo. If you are a beginner or just one of those people who enjoy reading and having books on hand to refer to over google this is an amazing book! I’ll drop the link below!
That sums it up though, and I’m super excited for what’s to come with being a chicken mom and growing my knowledge and flock!🤗

The Beginner's Guide to Raising Chickens: How to Raise a Happy Backyard Flock (Raising Chickens Guide) https://a.co/d/j2Tsxoa

Attachments

• IMG_9475.jpeg
    IMG_9475.jpeg
    634.7 KB · Views: 7

Back
Top Bottom