New to the forum - Feeder, Flies and Fighting

i was about to get those hanging sticky fly traps for the run ceiling if my clean up didnt work, but it did. try that fan in the run! Put that bad boy on high!
What sort of fan do you have inside the run? I've been looking for a waterproof outdoor fan. I have a box fan in my coop and they're are never flies in the coop, only in the run. I'm also feeding crumbles due to their age but a few more weeks and I'll switch to pellets which I think will improve the spilling and flies.

What sort of fan do you have inside the run? I've been looking for a waterproof outdoor fan. I have a box fan in my coop and they're are never flies in the coop, only in the run. I'm also feeding crumbles due to their age but a few more weeks and I'll switch to pellets which I think will improve the spilling and flies.
I use the box fans that are meant for windows. I just plug it in and it sits outside the run, leaning againest the hardware cloth. It blows right into the corner that they hang out in. i have electricity outside of the henhouse which makes that possible. good luck! I HATE flies!

I use the box fans that are meant for windows. I just plug it in and it sits outside the run, leaning againest the hardware cloth. It blows right into the corner that they hang out in. i have electricity outside of the henhouse which makes that possible. good luck! I HATE flies!
oh yea, regarding rain. When it rains, I just make sure the fan is not plugged in and it sits under the jutted out nesting box. no need for a fan when its raining :)

i too switched to pellets because the amount of dust with the crumbles was too much. I made this switch when they were 10months old. The pellets leave zero dust.

Back
Top Bottom