New to the forum (obviously)

chick_chic

In the Brooder
9 Years
Sep 19, 2010
Hi byc'ers my username is chick_chic , Im from Phoenix and i'm a teen who lover her animals. I currently have 4 dogs (mini wiener dog, lab/chow mix, papillion, and a chihuahua), I also have 1 ferret (my other one just got out and i've yet to find him yet-fingers crossed), and two awesome mini horses. I've been pretty lucky to have almost every animal on noahs ark-moniters, gerbils, sugar gliders, iguana, turtle, birds, rats (regular), hairless rats (once 1 had babies and we had 10 at one time), and etc. But i've never had a chicken! That brings me to my newest challenge-raising chickies! I have a hobby of hatching quail eggs and attempted to hatch our indian runner ducks eggs but now I'm trying a batch of serama eggs. Doesn't look like any are going to make it though (according to candling) and if not I will be looking into buying some chicks for now and trying hatching again later (if anybody has some chickies let me know). We just moved to horse property and rescued the above mention mini horses. We will be adding some goats (and chickens) soon to the mix and are very excited. On another random note a few other of my favorite hobbies include paintball-I love it! Been doing it for about 5 years now and also do some archery. Sorry for the long sum up, I wanted to let you all know i'm here and thanks if you read through it haha.
My regards,
Emily (aka chick_chic)
roll.png

Last edited:
Welcome from an imp in Washington

Sounds like you have quite the collection of pets, & yes I read it through.

Imp

Wow! You sound amazing, and very busy! Welcome to our forum. There are TONS of people here that will help you with your next hatching attempt. Good luck and keep in touch.

Wow, you have a menagerie like ours. My teenage son has several types of lizards, pet rats, feeder rats, three or four snakes, dubai roaches (ick - but they are not in my house), some kind of little mouse thing with a tail - can't remember the name of it right now. Oh, it's a short tail opossum. I remembered. We had a black throated monitor before, but I was glad to see her go. That was one big lizard.
We are new to raising chickens and enjoying it. Best wishes to you with yours.
Nice to meet another animal lover who appreciates so many different species.

Yah now that you mention it, we have had some mice (as pets) and had some snakes for a while. 1 of the snakes got out and when we found it some 2 weeks later it was hardened by the "wilderness" of the houses walls so it wouldn't let us touch it without biting and then when the moniter got it we found it downstairs too in the same place haha. Its where all the animal escapies go I guess

welcome-byc.gif
from NH. You are going to love chickens. They will make all your other pets look high maintenance in comparison. See you in the forums!

Back
Top Bottom