New to the Forum

KirtleyFarmhouse

In the Brooder
Dec 12, 2018
Cleburne, TX
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens, I have had chickens for 7 months now 2 that I have raised from chicks the rest were about 18 weeks when I got them.
(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have 7 chickens now and 4 guinea chicks.
(3) What breeds do you have?
1 Brahma rooster, 2 Rhode island reds, 2 golden laced wyandottes, 1 silkie hen and 1 game hen. I also have 3 lavender guineas and 1 white.
(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Fresh eggs, fresh meat from happy chickens and plenty of entertainment.
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Fishing,Hunting,taking our dog to the lake, kayaking, and raising all our little friends!
(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My name is Jacob and my wife is Meagan and we are in our 20's and are expecting our first child next summer. I have 3 Nigerian dwarf goats and the smartest catahoula I have ever met (I might be biased) and her name is willow. I am a gunsmith she works at a school and we bought our first house 7 months ago. The property we live on used to be a fruit orchard so we are trying to create our own personal micro farm. Glad to be here.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC on google when I was building my first coop and I finally joined because I have some questions about my girls egg production and that was what took me from thinking about joining to going for it.

smiley xmas hello.gif

Hi Jacob & Meagan, congrats on the new home & upcoming baby! Very nice intro, thanks for joining us!

Back
Top Bottom