New to the group but been a backyard chicken farmer for 8 years.

Khtrujillo

In the Brooder
Jul 9, 2023
I've raised all my hens from babies for the past 8 years. We (my husband and I) built our coop out of all recycled materials. I can't imagine life without chickens. I tell everyone they are the easiest pet; much easier than dogs, AND they give you breakfast. I set up the brooder box with the most recent chicks we've been raising on top of the dog kennel. Our newest rescue pup had never been around baby chicks before. Now, he's super observant with what the chicks are doing and has not shown signs of aggression while they are in their little outdoor pen getting acclimated. I think this technique helped with accepting new "pack" members.

Attachments

• 20230607_085146.jpg
    20230607_085146.jpg
    503.2 KB · Views: 212
I've raised all my hens from babies for the past 8 years. We (my husband and I) built our coop out of all recycled materials. I can't imagine life without chickens. I tell everyone they are the easiest pet; much easier than dogs, AND they give you breakfast. I set up the brooder box with the most recent chicks we've been raising on top of the dog kennel. Our newest rescue pup had never been around baby chicks before. Now, he's super observant with what the chicks are doing and has not shown signs of aggression while they are in their little outdoor pen getting acclimated. I think this technique helped with accepting new "pack" members.
Welcome to BYC!:welcome

Back
Top Bottom