New to the group, just wanted to say hello!

Aliwinch00

In the Brooder
Jun 25, 2022
South Arkansas
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I was raised with a small backyard flock and my husband and I introduced chickens back into our family about 4 years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
58. Some we have had for 4 years and we just purchased more this year.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Easter eggers, Rhode Island Red, Orpingtons (lavenders, chocolate, mottled, and buff), Wyandottes (blue laced red, black laced red, splash, and Columbian), Cochins, and Brahma

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They make great pets, they're beautiful, and we love fresh eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Camping

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Family of 5 (2 boys), one grown with long term gf (she makes our #5) and one middle schooler. We all love the chickens! We have 7 dogs between the 2 households. We have peafowl as well and 4 horses. We work, garden, take care of the animals, hunt, fish, and love to travel. We also love in South Arkansas and wonder how many people are in the same area in the group.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found a the group several years ago and always search it if there's a question I have. Just finally decided to join and say hello.

Last edited:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I was raised with a small backyard flock and my husband and I introduced chickens back into our family about 4 years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
58. Some we have had for 4 years and we just purchased more this year.

(3) What breeds do you have?
Easter eggers, Rhode Island Red, Orpingtons (lavenders, chocolate, mottled, and buff), Wyandottes (blue laced red, black laced red, splash, and Columbian), Cochins, and Brahma

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
They make great pets, they're beautiful, and we love fresh eggs.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Camping

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
Family of 5 (2 boys), one grown with long term gf, and one middle schooler. We all love the chickens! We have 7 dogs between the 2 households. We have peafowl as well and 4 horses. We work, garden, take care of the animals, hunt, fish, and love to travel. We also love in South Arkansas and wonder how many people are in the same area in the group.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?
I found a the group several years ago and always search it if there's a question I have. Just finally decided to join and say hello.
Welcome to BYC

Back
Top Bottom