New to the group

Millcreekpets

In the Brooder
Oct 24, 2018
Thanks for adding me, I have really enjoyed the Facebook group and saw the link for this site on there.

I had chickens when I was younger and my parents have chickens for eggs then this spring I got some chicks for my three children ages 3 almost 4 year old daughter and my boys 5 and 1 year old. We all enjoyed them very much

We only have one black silkie roster, one buff orpington and 4 rr we have been getting 3 to 4 eggs a day mostly 4 eggs a every other day a huge egg.

I plan to get more chickens this spring or if I can find half grown ones then maybe sooner. Would love to get into the cool colored egg layers and the all black chickens a friend from church just for a pair they are very expensive though.

Hello to everyone my name is
Elisabeth

Emily loves chickens we are looking to get more silkies next spring. We live outside of Melbourne, AR

Attachments

• KIMG4526.jpg
    KIMG4526.jpg
    569.9 KB · Views: 2
Welcome to Backyard Chickens! We are glad you joined the flock!:welcome BYC is a helpful site providing all the information you need to know about poultry! There is always space for more members on the BYC roost!:highfive: Only certain chicken breeds make good pets and silkies are one of them. Some breeds tend to be nervous or flighty. Great choice and I love your picture!:thumbsup Hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do!

Thanks for adding me, I have really enjoyed the Facebook group and saw the link for this site on there.

I had chickens when I was younger and my parents have chickens for eggs then this spring I got some chicks for my three children ages 3 almost 4 year old daughter and my boys 5 and 1 year old. We all enjoyed them very much

We only have one black silkie roster, one buff orpington and 4 rr we have been getting 3 to 4 eggs a day mostly 4 eggs a every other day a huge egg.

I plan to get more chickens this spring or if I can find half grown ones then maybe sooner. Would love to get into the cool colored egg layers and the all black chickens a friend from church just for a pair they are very expensive though.

Hello to everyone my name is
Elisabeth
Hello Elisabeth.
Welcome to BYC.
I would like to see some more pictures of your black silkie rooster.

Hello Elisabeth and welcome to BYC! :frowGlad you joined.

When it comes time to look for additions to your flock, check out Craigslist.

I found 3 beautiful 11 month old leghorns that needed to be rehomed because the owners are keeping chickens within city limits and the neighbors complained. I am getting them for free because the woman was so thrilled with my set up she just wanted them to go to a good home... she wanted me to take all 15!!! Gulp! That's too much math at once and I can't solve equations that big any more! They come home tomorrow!!!

Back
Top Bottom