New to the scene. Just got 8 chicks here in az. Any problem with keeping in 40 gal aquarium/terrariu

welcome-byc.gif
That will work for a bit, but they will rapidly outgrow such a small 'cage'.

Welcome to BYC. Glad you decided to join our flock. X3 on sourland; you won't be able to keep them in that 40 gallon aquarium for long. If you haven't done so already, definitely check out our Learning Center at https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center. There is lots of useful information there. Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Cheers.

welcome-byc.gif
Glad you have joined us and congrats on getting your own flock.

Bet you will need a much larger brooder in about a week or so - even in a 100 gallon water trough, my 6 gals were filling it up by 5 weeks
wink.png

They will also fly to the top of the brooder a lot sooner than you think. They can hop or fall and not be to get back inside. Please have a wire top to contain them and keep pets, etc. from getting to them.

Thanks all, have larger temp tanks to use till they can be acclimated to outdoor larger fenced coop.any good literature to suggest for my free time?

Welcome to the BYC flock! We are glad you joined us!

jumpy.gif
D.gif
welcome-byc.gif
D.gif
jumpy.gif

That might work for about a week, tops. I would start looking for an alternative soon. You may try calling around to some appliance stores to see if anyone has a large appliance box you could get for free.

Back
Top Bottom