New to the site, here's my coop build

jester8484

In the Brooder
7 Years
Dec 15, 2012
Conowingo, Maryland
My Coop
My Coop
well we decided to get chickens, so i repurposed an failing shed into a coop.

4x6 oak timber base to get the coop off the ground.

New floor frame installed and supports installed to sturdy it for transport.

, attached homemade wheels ( with ratcheting heigh adjustment)

attached shed/coop to riding mower via steel channel, and cut away old rotten floor

Drove away with the remaining coop to new location

Backed up the coop to the oak frame

this is where the ratcheting wheels were needed, jacked the coop higher to back it up onto the frame.

installed lower back door to pull out poop trays

nest box egg doors

roost bars 2x4s beveled edges

front doors with window, plus paint

back window

egg doors, chained with locks and hasps

nest boxes

1.5" square tubing welded into fence panels

panels up and bolted together, burried hardware cloth also hardware clothed the top

easy access handle to open the coop chicken door with hasp and lock

the most recent pick i have, but i'll take another soon with the other recent mods

I've since added a large open run taht sourounds the entire structure. so they have lots of space and tree coverage. i'll post another pic when i get a chance to take one.

thanks for looking.

Last edited:
old.gif
You did a lot of engineering on the work and getting it from point a to point b.I bet the chickens sleep good.It ain't Fort Knox-but getting there with the security.Good Job.
welcome-byc.gif
I like the wheel lift.That worked great.

ok so heres a wider shot of the coop/cage and open run

the hens have off and on access to the open run pending weather and recent wildlife sightings.

the green wire garden fence goes from the right side of the coop over to where the sun comes into the picture then back to the split rail fence. kinda hard to see in the picture but i couldnt fit it all in if I got any closer. you can guess teh fence by the split in teh green grass and brown leaves. basically the entire wooded area is fenced in for the hens.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom