New to the site, New Silkies!!!!

FaddenChickens

In the Brooder
Aug 27, 2016
Milwaukee, WI, USA
Hello all!!
Just introducing myself and the newest additions :) I've raised several groups of chicks with my mother over the last 4-5 years, some we've kept and some were raised for a local non-profit that works with disabled children. Those kids love meeting 'the flock'.
This spring after raising our 4 white laced Wyandotte chicks in my living room my husband finally caught the bug and we welcomed 4 day old chicks of our very own on Tuesday. When I speak of "My" chickens I mean ALL of my chickens, mom's home and mine, and occasionally the non-profit as I see them regularly :) I currently have 7 living with'Grandma': Charlene a 5 year old Amerucauna (we lost her BFF Gertrude, same age production red this year :'( ); Betsy and Matilda Amerucauna's born this March; Noddle, Patsy(Cline), Blubble, and Leia white laced Wyandotte's hatched April 1st of this year
The newest members to the family consist of 2 Blue Silky Bantams (Bumble and were 'working on it'), 1 Buff Brahma Bantam ('working on it'), and a Light Brahma named Bertha (was supposed to be a Blue Splash Maran but things don't always go as planned on hatch day!).
I/we (hubby n I) are so excited to finally have a flock of our very own and Bantam chicks are the teeny tiniest absolutely most adorable chicks in the world!!! I can't wait to watch them grow
1f61d.png

Anyways thanks for letting me in to this amazing group of chicken lovers, I've been reading along for years now and am so happy to finally be a part of the page. Attaching a picture of the new babies for all the enjoy,
see you around!!!

Nothing like a cute chick to get attention and ooh, and aahs. Welcome to Backyard chickens. Sounds like you are really enjoying your birds, and that's what we like to help accomplish for others as well.

Hi and welcome to BYC - great that you have joined us. Very cute pic - thanks for sharing. Please make yourself at home here with us.

Best wishes
CT

Back
Top Bottom