New to the wonderful world of chickens.

Coreilley

In the Brooder
Jun 15, 2021
1-Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? I/we are brand new chicken owners. My husband had them growing up. He has asked me for the last few years if we could get some chickens and I always said no and didn't need anything else on my plate. Well I finally caved this year after my aunt had given us a coop and run. So we became chicken parents May 2020.

2- How many chickens do you have right now?
17! :D:p MY children and I did chicken math while picking out our chicks. We went for 6-8 chicks and left that day with "12." Once we got home I realized that the gal only got 11 in our boxes. So my sister stopped by a few days later to get my missing chick and actually brought me home a few extras. We now have 17.

3- What breeds do you have?
Mille Fleur d'Uccle, Americana, California white, Buff orpington, Silver duckwing old english, Mystic Onyx, Salmon Faverolles, Calico princess, Midnight Majesty, Andalusian.

4- What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
Watching their personalities develop and the funny things they do.

5- What are some of your other hobbies?
I am a currently a stay at home mom of 2 kids and enjoy making personalized tumblers in my spare time.

6- Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
We have a busy household. We have 2 children (7 and 4), my husband works in road construction, 1 puppy, 2 cats and live next to a pond so have other wildlife coming and going including but not limited to: geese, ducks, turkeys, sand hill cranes, deer, turtles (painted/snapper).

7- Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
While doing research on everything chicken I stumbled upon BYC.

Back
Top Bottom