New to the world of Chickens and to BYC

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by PamelaP, May 7, 2011.

1. PamelaP

PamelaP New Egg

May 7, 2011
    Hi all, I am Pamela and have 3 fabulous little girls (5, 3, 1). We live in Kansas. For Mother's Day my husband is building my girls a chicken coop (I'll admit I am excited too!!). My father in law was HUGE into chickens for a long time, so we will be getting some of his brahma bantams. We will probably get two lights and two buffs. My oldest daughter will probably start showing the birds next summer, so hopefully she will get quite aquainted with them in the mean time. I know her grandfather is SUPER EXCITED to teach one of his grandchildren about chickens. He is already preparing his How To Chicken Lesson for the next time we see him. I dont know what else, other then I am excited to learn about chickens, they will soley be the girls pets and for showing with the benefit of eggs.

2. KFox

KFox Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

3. hisdaughter

hisdaughter Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Lakeland
    Congrats on the new chickens, coop under construction and Happy Mother's Day! Sounds like you have a very supportive family and this will be a great experience for all!!! Have a blast!!

4. eenie114

eenie114 Completly Hopeless

Welcome to Disneyland! Oh, uh, I mean BYC! (It was an honest mistake. BYC IS the happiest place on Earth. [​IMG] )

5. zoo357

zoo357 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2011
    NW Indiana
    [​IMG] from NW Indiana!! This is a great group with lots of friendly people!!

6. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. How exciting for your girls. [​IMG]

7. what's kickin' chicken

what's kickin' chicken Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2011
    Missouri
    [​IMG] Hi [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama.

9. white01

white01 Brady Brook Poultry

May 11, 2010
    West Enfield,Maine
    [​IMG] [​IMG] from Maine

10. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

[​IMG] from California!

I LOVE Brahmas! I have one little bantam Buff Brahma rooster (Charlie) and one dark Brahma pullet (Little Bit). They are so cute. Oh, and I have a full-sized Light Brahma hen, too (Brenda). These are just 3 of the nearly 80 chickens in my very mixed flock.

Enjoy your chickens - okay, your daughter's chickens - and what a wonderful Mother's Day gift: a new coop in which to house them!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by