New to this and having a blast!

citychickettes

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 4, 2010
I have 2 light sussex, 1 buff orpington, 3 redstars all around 22 wks old. The only one laying now is the buff orpington. When should I expect to see the others start? The redstars have lost and started re-growing tail feathers, they look very full now. My kids have enjoed them so much, they are very interesting to watch and quite entertaining. Any advice is appreciated

welcome-byc.gif

welcome-byc.gif
and hello from Indiana.Well our red stars[sexlinks all stsrtes laying at 16 and 18 weeks and have been laying ever since.So i would say anyday.Are they eating layer feed?Just give them time.

Quote:
welcome-byc.gif

I'm new too, you are actually 20 wks ahead of me, my girls are all EE's and today they are 2wks old, so I have no advice to offer just wanted to welcome you.

he.gif
:he:he:he Sorry thought I was on a different thread
lau.gif
:lau:lau

he.gif
he.gif
he.gif
Actually when I looked again I was on the right thread!!!!!! I promise there was no drugs or alcohol involved in my confusion
th.gif
Just too many windows/ conversations at the same time.

Last edited:
I cant wait to see more eggs. I was hysterical getting the first egg from our buff (buttercup is her name) They all act like they want to squat and have been for a couple of weeks. I have been giving them Layena Layer Crumble, hope this is the right thing

My kids named them all... too funny! We have Alyssa, Petunia, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Millie, Buttercup

I never knew chickens could be this much fun.

Welcome citychickette from Eastern Wa. Are there combs and wattles bright red if so and they are squatting then you are critically close to more eggs. Have fun ;ie blast

Back
Top Bottom