New to this sight & need advice

Riddleton Roost

Hatching
6 Years
Jul 2, 2013
I have 18-20 wk old Dominiques & Black Jersey Giants that We purchased from a local hatchery when they were 5 wks old. Also have some 16 wk old white leghorns & RIR's that we purchased from TSC when they were days old. They were all growing & doing great until two wks ago when a Dominique got sick & couldn't get to the roost 3ft off ground. At first she just sat all day but we've been feeding her by hand & given her warm baths. She's walking around now eating & drinking but still looks pale & her feathers look unkept & droopy. We use DE in our coop & run & also apple cider vinegar in their water. They eat the grower crumbles from TSC. Just when we thought we had her on the mend one of our big Black Jersey Giant pullets died very suddenly yesterday morning.
I've been reading this site about mareks & worms & just don't know where to start on treatment. We live in TN but have had a very mild spring/summer so far. Any suggestions are much appreciated.

Hello and welcome....so glad you joined BYC

I am having similar problems too. A couple of mine have classic mareks symptoms tho.

Good luck to you. Hope you have no more losses

Greetings from Kansas, Riddleton Rooster, and
welcome-byc.gif
! Happy to have you with but sorry to hear about your sick birds. If it was just one chicken I'd suggest it was maybe just a defective bird...but now with the JG dying??? I don't know what it could be but I'd advise you post over in the link below...give specific information and someone should chime in to help you out. Good luck to you and your flock!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/10/emergencies-diseases-injuries-and-cures

Back
Top Bottom