New to this!!

tryn2farm

Hatching
Mar 28, 2016
I just received 18 Guinea eggs to try hatch without an incubator . Gotta get one but in mean time I'm clueless
I have them in a large planter with warm hay and I have a heat lamp on them with a thermometer to keep eye on how warm they are and husband put water bottle in ther for some humidity
I have grown Guineas but no babies and desperately want to do this
I read about turning them and have marked one side so I'll know but dumb question do I turn side to side or top to bottom?

I just received 18 Guinea eggs to try hatch without an incubator . Gotta get one but in mean time I'm clueless
I have them in a large planter with warm hay and I have a heat lamp on them with a thermometer to keep eye on how warm they are and husband put water bottle in there for some humidity
I have grown Guineas but no babies and desperately want to do this
I read about turning them and have marked one side so I'll know but dumb question do I turn side to side or top to bottom?
There are some threads in the Incubating & Hatching Eggs forum about hatching eggs without an incubator.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/f/5/incubating-hatching-eggs

There are also threads about how to hand turn eggs. You need to mark the eggs so you know which way to turn them. It is from side to side but you have to alternate which direction you turn them. Turning them constantly in the same direction can cause things to get messed up inside the eggs.

You will get more and better help in the Incubating & Hatching Eggs forum. Most parameters other than length of time and in a few cases temperature differences and humidity differences are pretty much the same for all hatching eggs.

Back
Top Bottom