New to this...

Amomandacoop

Chirping
Aug 16, 2018
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?

Yes, we bought a new house with acres and decided on chickens. Got them as babies, 7 at the time and now down to 6. Lost a black one last week who is MIA no feathers anywhere. She is just gone. They haven’t started laying yet but should any day. They are 5 months old.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 7 now 6
Read above:)

(3) What breeds do you have?
Not sure, 1 white, 1 yellow, 2 twins (colorful) and 2 Rhode Island Red. (Black MIA)

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
Google search.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
Don’t really have any I am a stay at home mom. What I love to do is read when no one is around or catch up on a favorite tv show. I am also huge into podcasts and plan on starting one someday.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

I am married to the best man in the world. 18 years now. We have 2 girls ages 14 & 16. Live in Northern California and have a 3 acre walnut orchard. In addition to chickens, we have 3 rabbits, 4 hamsters 2 dogs, 1 cat and a hedgehog. Planning on adding some pigs and goats in the future. We all love animals.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community?

Whenever I have a chicken question I end up on this website. Great resources and community so I finally took the chance to join.

BYC Welcome 8.jpg

Make yourself at home here and enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom