New Urban permaculture gardener adding Chickens & Muscovies to farm!

Charepie

Chirping
Mar 7, 2022
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens? New to chickens. I learned my lesson the hard way buying my chickens from the tractor store which landed me with a few sweet roos that I was thankfully able to re-home.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now? 21. Thinking of downsizing for additional space to add in Muscovy ducks.

(3) What breeds do you have? Prairie Bluebell egger, Crested Mystic Onyx, Barred Rock, Welsumer, Barnavelder, Blue Copper Maran, Cuckoo Maran, Easter egger, Gold laced wyandotte, Silver laced wyandotte, Iowa Blue, Blue laced wyandotte, Cream Legbar, Black Australorp, Black and white polish crested and Blue Star. I think that's it. 😆

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens? I love watching them in the yard and learning how they talk between each other. They're hilarious to watch and entertaining.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies? I like building things, gardening, landscaping my acre, crocheting and sewing if I sit down long enough, picnic dates with my children, books in the hammock with a cup of tea, renovating our 1920 farm house.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share. My husband owns his business in the Pacific Northwest and I'm a Stay at home Mama of two children: Girl 9 & Boy 6. We have two dogs: Fox Terrier & Mini Poodle. Looking to get a Livestock guardian dog in the future and will be adding Muscovy ducks this year as well.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? While researching chickens, prior to taking the leap, BYC was one of my main resources for information and became my go-to. I've known for about a year. Bought chickens in February 2022 and finally found a moment to introduce myself.

Back
Top Bottom