New Virginia Member Looking To Get Started!

Quote:
Almost a 4 hour drive to Roanoke from Leesburg!! You're the first person to indicate that you will have some chics, though....very tempting given the difficulty I'm having tracking them down around here. I don't suppose you'll be heading northward to any swap meets once the ameraucanas are ready (assuming you end up with them)?
not that i know of right now... but you never know.

looks like my eggs might be delayed, so they would be hatching toward the end of may... the columbian wyandotte and barred rocks should hatch about mid-may. and i've got dorkings hatching NOW!
celebrate.gif

so far 3 out. and they're a bit early even! technically day 21 doesn't start until 11pm LOL (yeah i set them late at night...) and i've got a few more pipped already.

Leesburg is about 20 minutes away, we're located about 5 miles from Gilbert's Corner, but have Haymarket address.
We just put in some long weekends building coop and yard this spring and are finishing up the odds and ends. In fact, the automatic opener mechanisms for little chicken door was delivered today, so think this is how we'll be spending our evening.
You are welcome to come over and check out what we've built, perhaps it'll give you some ideas on what you might want to add or leave off on your coop.
Also, our Silver Lace Wyandotte chicks are 3 weeks old, 15 was the minimum order that company would ship, so this leaves me with "extras" that I will be selling.
All are healthy, active, eating well and extremely friendly, come for treats when you call, follow the dog around like he was the momma, and big bonus, they no longer need the heat lamp.
Anyway, welcome to the wonderful world of chickens.
Cackleberry Inn

New Egg,
Just another thought, reasons I got the Silver Lace Wyandottes are addressing the same things your looking for,
First and foremost, they are pretty, because let's face it, you'll be looking at them for a long time.
Wyandotte are dual purpose, lay nice size brown eggs and on heavy side for eating.
Super friendly and docile, good with people and pets.
Extremely cold hardy and handle Virginia's hot muggy summers.
Considered a quite bird, and a good brood hen.
Cackleberry Inn

Back
Top Bottom