new wanna be chicken mom

welcome-byc.gif

been lurking for a while in here. great forum!

I have learned the breed of chicken I want from lurking around here and a many other things and feel ready to get some chickens.

I'm sure this will not be the last you hear from me!

A good place to learn and share information. Good luck with your new flock and have fun...

Welcome to BYC. I'm glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your Barred Rocks.

Welcome to BYC. I'm glad you decided to join our flock. A lot of us were lurkers before joining. :eek:) Please feel free to ask any questions you may have. We are here to help in any way we can. Good luck in getting your Barred Rocks.
I agree that many of us were lurkers before joining BYC. I myself lurked before I joined. I had chickens around 50 years ago. My boyfriend and I at the time, split up and I moved out of state. I went into the army for awhile and when I came home I got married. My DH and I lived in an apartment for a short while and then bought a house on a rather small lot so for many years it was no chickens. About 15 years ago we sold our house and bought a small farm and got some chickens. I am addicted. We started out with 6 birds but it wasn't long before we increased our flock and there was a time when we had around 400 birds. Now we have around 150. Now we specialize in certain breeds and show our birds at poultry shows. We live and learn.

I had chickens around 50 years ago. there was a time when we had around 400 birds. Now we have around 150.
Wow! Talk about interesting parallels. I got my first chickens around 50 years ago (Light Brahmas) and at one point (1988-1990) I had around 400 chickens as well. I'm currently down to 25 (all hens). I guess I finally conquered the "chicken math" addiction. :eek:)

Quote:
You've done better than I have. My DH said if I didn't get rid of some he would and he was right, I went way overboard, but after the first of the year I will be loading up the incubator. (I have a cabinet incubator) I don't want to learn any chicken math.
jumpy.gif

Back
Top Bottom