NEW What Ya Got Swap! Please see post #1 for rules!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure this is allowed here but I'm looking for a home for my crele orpington rooster. He hatched July 12th bloodlines from the fancy chick. I him in a trio that ended up being 2 roos and a hen and they don't want to share. Asking 15 for him

What is the current offer? I'm thinking we need to offer something else besides home made items and goods. They seem to be stalling the thread. Maybe eggs or something good for Christmas gifts. Just a thought

Current offer:

Quote:

Hey!! I can do that. I'm a great baker, I just never thought of that. I've never sent baked goods in the mail. But why not? (Sorry, I'm not the one to make those cute frosted Christmas cookies.) But I make a mean Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread....or Brownies?.....or Dinner Rolls that taste VERY much like those Hawaiian ones.....Bundt Cake?........I use only organic ingredients, so you'll need to eat or freeze these immediately. I'm busy making Christmas Stockings today and tomorrow, but could get something to you well before Christmas still.

What is the current offer? I'm thinking we need to offer something else besides home made items and goods. They seem to be stalling the thread. Maybe eggs or something good for Christmas gifts. Just a thought
This is my own opinion, others will have their own:

I've been burned on swaps. NOT on any with eggs or chicks, those swaps were taken care of. Someone owes me two artistic swaps and I don't think that I will ever receive them. I am now leery of swapping with those I haven't "known" for a period of time. I have seen some items that I wouldn't mind trying but have held back. You know the old saying "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me". I know the new people joining should not be penalized for something someone else did in the past but I'm shy of getting burned again. Others may feel the same way.

Lovere has some lovely items that would make nice Christmas gifts. Her bakery goods sound delicious! I can't understand why something of hers has not been claimed.

Hey!! I can do that. I'm a great baker, I just never thought of that. I've never sent baked goods in the mail. But why not? (Sorry, I'm not the one to make those cute frosted Christmas cookies.) But I make a mean Zucchini Chocolate Chip Bread....or Brownies?.....or Dinner Rolls that taste VERY much like those Hawaiian ones.....Bundt Cake?........I use only organic ingredients, so you'll need to eat or freeze these immediately. I'm busy making Christmas Stockings today and tomorrow, but could get something to you well before Christmas still.

I'll claim the "hawaiian rolls". Please PM me with how many and when you might be ready to ship them. We're traveling for Christmas, so won't be at home for awhile.

My swap page: https://www.backyardchickens.com/a/h-diamonds-swap-page
My lotion is new and has been selling like crazy, folks really like it. (not to sound boastful, don't mean it that way) Makes a great Christmas gift. If you choose soon, I can still get things shipped in time for Christmas. And as always, each swap comes with several small sample bars in assorted scents.

This is my own opinion, others will have their own:

I've been burned on swaps.  NOT on any with eggs or chicks, those swaps were taken care of.  Someone owes me two artistic swaps and I don't think that I will ever receive them.  I am now leery of swapping with those I haven't "known" for a period of time.  I have seen some items that I wouldn't mind trying but have held back.  You know the old saying "Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me".  I know the new people joining should not be penalized for something someone else did in the past but I'm shy of getting burned again.  Others may feel the same way.

Lovere has some lovely items that would make nice Christmas gifts.  Her bakery goods sound delicious!  I can't understand why something of hers has not been claimed.

I agree. I have only done a few swaps, but I've been burned already as well. It's discouraging. Mostly just watching now. I know this isn't the chat thread, but I didn't want her to think no one liked her stuff.

Thank you both for saying this. I was very close to withdrawing from the swap. But I did get a "taker" and will be making rolls this afternoon. You all don't know me (I know that) but I have done TONS of swapping in years past on other sites. I've been burned, too...it happens. I just would die before doing it to someone else. We have to keep trusting or we can't do this kind of thing.....and it is SO FUN. I can't wait to be able to start doing egg swapping in the spring. (I'm in a new house and don't have a chicken friendly setup yet) Thanks!!

I'll add extra since it's Christmas. :) Will do 3 soaps or 3 4oz lotions or 1 8oz and one 4oz lotion, or 6 lip balms, or 3 jars of sugar scrub.
I can also do a salt scrub if interested. I forgot I got some salts in the other day. 3 jars of those also. Thanks

I'll add extra since it's Christmas. :) Will do 3 soaps or 3 4oz lotions or 1 8oz and one 4oz lotion, or 6 lip balms, or 3 jars of sugar scrub. 
I can also do a salt scrub if interested. I forgot I got some salts in the other day. 3 jars of those also. Thanks

Mine!

Offer: 6+ SFH eggs
or
6+ Easter Egger eggs - probably a couple Black Ameraucana roo over Rhodebar and some Isbar roo over IsbarxOrpington pullets.
or
Metal bobble rooster - new with tags

Metal bobble rooster - new with tags

Metal hen - new with tags - same both sides

Metal hen - new with tags

Other side of above

Apron with pockets - can added to any one of the metal chicken decor above

Full view of apron

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back