New Year - Not New Member

Evanowski23

Hatching
Jan 27, 2021
It's been a while since I've posted on this forum and I was unable to recover my old login information, so I created a new member account. (I deleted the old email address my original account was created with..... oopie.)

So, acting as if I've never been here before - here we go!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
A: Not new at all, but currently do not own any chickens. I studied Poultry Science at both Kansas State and Texas A&M and raised birds up until about 5 years ago. For whatever reason, chickens have always fascinated me. I've owned chickens from childhood all the way until 5 years ago.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
A: None, unfortunately. Life circumstances are not conducive to owning birds at this time, but hoping to change that in the future. I miss my little backyard champions!

(3) What breeds do you have?
A: My favorites were and still are Marans, Amerecaunas, Barnevelders, RIR, and Isbars.
(I was trying to create a Double Laced Blue Cuckoo Marans-ish. I may have but the dang rooster was so aggressive....)

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?
A: The obvious - pest control, egg production, and their varying personalities. I really enjoy the genetic aspect of chickens. There's a very fast turnaround to finding what traits are passed on, from a phenotypical standpoint. Chickens are a very rewarding critter all the way around!

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
A: I'm an outdoorsman. Hunting, fishing, camping.... and my 4 daughters call me Tinkerbell - I like building/projects.

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
A: No other pets. My occupation is currently in security.

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D
A: Member for many years, tho do not post often, and have not been on this site in about 5 years. Created this new account and hope to be a bit more active. Not sure how I originally found this site, but it is by far the best site for chickens/backyard poultry on then entire interwebs!

Cheers!

Evan

Top Bottom