new

buddy67

Hatching
Mar 19, 2016
Samson,Alabama
Hi, I'm from Texas but I'm living in a small town in Alabama my son is in air force basic training and we are about to buy the house we have been renting here.
Its a large house with a good sized back yard and I have always wanted chickens, I want a constant flow of eggs, but I have no experience.

Hi :welcome

Glad you could join the flock! The learning centre is a fab place to start for lots of great articles that will really help you get your chicken adventures started. Here is the link if you have not already checked it out ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/atype/1/Learning_Center

Wishing you the very best of luck. Be sure to ask any questions, everyone here to help and very friendly.

Enjoy BYC and all the chicken chat :frow

welcome-byc.gif

First find out if it's legal to have chickens where you are (it sounds like you're in town?). Then the Learning Center as Yorkshire coop said is a great place to start finding out about them. You can also go to the AL state thread and chat with other members located there...just type Alabama in the search box and the state thread should pop up.

Good luck and have fun!

Hi and welcome to BYC - glad to have you onboard.

Joining your state thread will put you in touch with other BYC members in your area, which can be helpful (just type the name of your state in the search box).

All the best
CT

Back
Top Bottom