New!

Karm89

Hatching
Dec 30, 2020
Hello! My name is Karmyn and I live in Central Illinois!

(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I am new to chickens! I got my first chicken about a year ago and have been trying my best to care for her! She is beautiful, but a little scrawny! She needs some meat on her bones! Also, she hasn't laid any eggs yet!

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
I have one beautiful chicken and plan on expanding my chicken family this spring!

(3) What breeds do you have?
Black Australorp I THINK!

(4) What are your favorite aspects of raising backyard chickens?

Free eggs and chicken meat! LOL!! Joking aside, I honestly love being able to feed her every day and hold her when I bring her in on cold days, she is the sweetest chicken in the world and I know for a fact she will never be eaten! Not by me at least!!!
(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
I am a stay-at-home Mom of three, which includes many hobbies! I also have four dogs and two cats! We enjoy being outside as much as humanly possible and snuggling on the couch with everyone piled in a huge heap while I sit and read or crochet! I try to be a craft mom, but let's face it, there's no time for crafts when you have any children under five! 😂😂

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.

This was mainly answered in number five LOL!

(7) Bonus: How did you find BYC, how long have you known about BYC, and what made you finally join our awesome community? :D

I found BYC while searching Google on how to fatten up my chicky Midnight! As soon as I found it, I signed up! There is already so much I have learned from this site, just from scrolling through some of the threads that popped up on the home page! I can't wait to dog a little deeper and see what else I can learn!

Back
Top Bottom