new

aloha from Maui Hawaii n welcome to byc
yippiechickie.gif

Hello everyone! Austintown Ohio here! Trying to get info on how to begin to raise some chickens. Does anyone have any idea on where I would look for the begining basics, i mean Begining! I don't have any knowledge about this.
Thanks!
Buffy

Hello everyone! Austintown Ohio here! Trying to get info on how to begin to raise some chickens. Does anyone have any idea on where I would look for the begining basics, i mean Begining! I don't have any knowledge about this.
Thanks!
Buffy
Hello and welcome. Go up to the top of the page and click on the Learning Center. There's a section called hatching eggs and raising chicks (or something like that). There's much information in the Learning Center. Also read threads in the sub-forum on Backyard Chickens. There's just so much information here. I'm new to chickens too but I have found answers to everything I have wanted to know and a lot of stuff I didn't know I wanted to know.
big_smile.png

Buffy, also must mention to study the Coops section so that you can have the proper housing for your chicks/chickens. It seems the hardest lesson learned in the chicken world is to effectively protect them. Predators are an ongoing problem. Read up on those threads, even from old-timers.

Back
Top Bottom