Newb In NH

NH-hamneggs

Songster
5 Years
Dec 1, 2018
New Hampshire
Hello, I joined to get information and idea about having chickens. We are adding chickens in the spring, after a few years of wanting to do it for eggs and meat.

I just brought home a skid for the floor that is 6 feet X 12 feet, so that will be a good sized coop.

This will be a new endeavor for my Wife and I, I had chickens when I was very small, but don't remember much about it.

A friend has two Ameraucana chickens for us already, so i need to gather building materials and ideas to get the coop and run...well...... up and running, first thing in the spring !

I am looking forward to some great ideas as well as basic information on keeping healthy, happy chickens.

Our house is located in a small town in northern NH. We wont be having a rooster, as we have close neighbors and live right in town, but we can have chickens.

smiley xmas hello.gif

That's smart to get the coop and run ready before getting the chickens. 6x12 is a great size, you'll have room for quite a good sized flock!

The Learning Center is full of articles that will help you get started (if you click on the Articles tab, you'll find the Learning Center). And always feel free to ask questions.

Thanks for joining us!

Welcome to our flock. Plenty of ideas and answers here about. We like to see photos as they become available of coop and flock. We actually just got chickens (chicks) early last Aug and are hoping for our first eggs before too long. It's really been fun and interesting. Lot's of great articles and posts here that will make you feel confident in no time. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom